Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Taya!

On January 2nd Taya turned 7 years old. I can't believe seven years ago I was in Sun Valley ID having my little new years baby, 8 days overdue but hay, she was well worth the wait.( even though we got totally jipped with the new years gifts.) It was right after 9-11 and I guess business's were hurting so we got a hooded bath towel from the hospital. This year for Taya's Birthday my mom and I took 7 of her friends to High School Musical 3. Then came back to our house to open gifts and have cake and ice cream. I think all the girls had a blast, they giggled through the whole movie, it was so fun! My parents were able to come out for the weekend, so that night we had another party with my parents and Justin's.

I feel so blessed to have Taya as my first child. She is such a huge help to me and rarely complains about anything I ask her to do. I try not to expect too much from her (being the oldest of six kids, I know how it feels to be a second mom) but I sometimes find myself asking alot of her. Taya is so smart. She loves school and is a very good student. She has always loved books, and started reading her first year of pre-school. She is very independent and can entertain herself, if I haven't seen her in a awhile she is usually down in her room reading or singing and dancing to her cds. ( I can't even imagine the teenage years, I am always asking her to turn down her music we constantly have Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus blaring through our house.) She is a very good example to her little brothers, and especially to me. She always asks me not to "say those words" whenever I slip up. She is very tender hearted, and hates when she has done something wrong it will eat at her until she confesses, she always says "I 'm not going to lie or I'll be in more trouble". She is such a good girl and I love her so much. I am so proud to be her mom! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sweetheart :)




10 comments:

melissa said...

Happy Birthday Taya!

houseofgirlsandjohn said...

Ashley, wow, I think the last time I saw you was when I came to Logan when my oldest, Brilynn was just a few months old. I was just going from blog to blog and somehow cam across yours. I am going to add you to my list and we can stay in touch. Are you living in Idaho? Your family is darling.

houseofgirlsandjohn said...

I was really excited when I found you on the WWW. Anyway, yes I do still talk to Brianna. We don't get to see each other very often but I think we should plan a get together this summer sometime. I think that would be so fun. We are so close that we should actually get together sometime soon and even just do lunch. We live in Syracuse which is just east of Layton. We have lived here for 3 years. Brilynn will be 7 in July, so yes Taya is a little older and you did have her when we went to Chili's. Do you stay in contact with anyone. I have been really bad at keeping in touch and Brianna is actually the only one that I keep it touch with. Lisa Monsen actually found my blog off of her cousins and so we stay in touch through blogs and she lives in the Salt Lake Area. She is on my blog as well. I didn't make it to the last class reunion because we were on vacation. it was fun to see the picutres of your entire family. It amazes me how old we really are. all your brothers and sisters seemed so little when we used to have parties at your house. I had my 30th birthday in September, and I am still amazed. I am excited to stay in touch and let's plan a get together.

Rich and Tyra said...

I can't believe our girls are getting so big!!! It seems like just yesterday that we were hanging out with them as babies!!! It is going by too dang fast! We hope Taya had a fun birthday! She is a cutie!

Andy and Brooke said...

Hi, I am came across your blog and had to tell you how dang cute your family is!!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

What a fun birthday! She looks darling and I just realized how much she looks like you!
It looks like you had a great Christmas! When are we going to play again? Count me in if you do the girls night!

Lisa said...

Hi Ashley! Its always so fun when I find old friends through my blog! I'm glad you found me and I am putting you on my blog so I can keep peeking in on your cute fam!
Yeah, my bro married Becky so now I get to see Shauni quite a bit because her and Becky are good friends, its such a small world!
Your kids are adorable! So you stayed in Logan huh? My husband and I have considered moving there a few times. It was fun to get to see pics of you. Keep in touch....

Courtney McKay said...

she is so cute!! What a fun party idea!! I am doing vinyl again, so if you want that thing for your mom still, just let me know whenever!!

melissa said...

Hi Ash, I am taggin you, check out my blog to play along

nattiesplace said...

Hey Ashley I hope you dont mind me looking at your blog. Your pictures of your kids are so cute. I can't believe that little Taya is really seven. Looks like you had a great girl party.