Monday, January 5, 2009

Our Merry Christmas!

We had a great Christmas this year. This year was Justin's family's turn, I can't lie I always miss my family when we don't get to be with them on Christmas, but it sure is nice to be able to stay at our own home, and it sure makes it alot easier for Santa! (you know to find us) We spent Christmas Eve at Justins parents, watching movies and eating of course. Then we went to his Grandmas the next morning for Christmas to eat more. The kids got everything they had wished for and then some. Which wasn't hard considering all Jett wanted were more football guys (that Santa gets off ebay for like a $1.00 each) and all Taya wanted were two real frogs. (thats right people, FROGS!) and now I am wondering if I should have let Santa do that, they have been quite the pain in the butt so far. Anyway, we had a very good Christmas. I love Christmas, I love the feeling it brings, I love that for a few days you can just slow done and take time to really apprecaite what really matters. I love our Savior and for the gift he gave us to come to this earth. It was so fun to watch Jett this year really get what it was all about, he constantly asked about and drew pictures of baby Jesus, he was so cute. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas also!

The kids in their new Christmas outfits from Great Grandma Bev.




This pic is for my cousin who I think is obsessed with Christmas Trees :) and who asked for a picture of mine. This year I finally gave in and got a fake tree. Something I swore to Justin I would never do. I love the smell of pine trees and I thought it just wouldn't be the same, and after 3 hours of pulling apart every single little branch I was wondering what the hell I had just done. However, this was the first year my decorations didn't fall off the sagging branches, I didn't once have to move all the presents out to water the tree (which I always spilled), and not one dead pine needle fell off for lincoln to choke on! I have to say I might be able to get used to this. and as for the smell I guess I should be able to figure that one out, (I only went through 3 packs of spruceberry scentsy's)!

Christmas Eve, opening up our one gift which is always matching p.j.'s (if you didn't notice it is was past Lincoln's bedtime and he is not having one more picture!)

Christmas morning opening gifts!

The kids gave Justin the Superman Boxset ( it was his favorite present, he used to love Superman as a kid and has now got Jett into it)

Justin's favorite part THE FOOD!

Uncle Brooks rocking Lincoln to sleep

Jett and Uncle Tyson (yes I do know it's winter & Jett did have a "warm-up" on over his basketball jersey, but the kid won't keep clothes on. He is always in the middle of a basketball, football, etc. game and he has to be in full uniform!)

Me and Deanna (Brooks wife) the newest addition to the family. We all love De (and I finally have someone who loves to play games as much as I do!!!)

4 comments:

Dave and Alisha said...

Well it took you awhile to get Christmas posted but it is way cute. I love the outfits Grandma gave the kids.

melissa said...

Yay! thank you for posting your Christmas tree just for me!!

Grandma always has picked out the best dresses, hasn't she? Do you remember all of our matching dresses?!?! good times :)

Glad you guys had a Merry Christmas!

Eileen said...

I love your tree! I'm completely sold on fake trees. I'm glad you converted.

ortsc

Rich and Tyra said...

Cute pictures!!! It looks like fun! You look beautiful by the way!!!