Friday, October 24, 2008

~ Memo To Mommy ~

I found this on a blog it is so true. Number three has been hard for me and I feel like I'm always trying to keep everything and everyone in order and I fail every day at it! The days I find most enjoyable are those that I just chill out and relax a little, my mom always tells me "the laundry will be there tomorrow." But I might not have the opportunity very much longer to sit down and play tumbling monkeys with my kids. I need to read this three times a day!!!

*Stop freaking out about the mess!*
there's always time to clean-but how often do we get to make mud pies?

*Love me,*
even when I'm naughty. I'll only be this age once.

*Be patient.*
I do everything for a reason, but I don't know enough words yet to give you an explanation.

*Let me do it.*
I know you can do it faster & better, but sometimes experience is the best teacher.

*Don't expect too much of me.*
I want to do what you ask and make you happy, but I'm still little.

*Don't try to reason with me when I'm having a tantrum.*
Trust me-I can't hear you over my own screaming.

*Keep your promises.*
It's all about trust. When I'm a teenager, you'll understand why it's so important.

*Don't keep asking me if I've been good.*
I'm not even sure what that means, but if I was bad I'd never admit it!

*Don't let me think that you're perfect.*
I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one who makes mistakes sometimes.

*Set limits.*
I can't actually eat a whole box of cookies-I just want to see if I'd get away with it."

3 comments:

Hiatts said...

Ashley,

so, so true! I agree the third was the hardest for me too. Thanks for this post, I love it!!

Hanne and Fam said...

I am going to print this out and stick it on my bathroom mirror so I can read it everyday!

Rich and Tyra said...

I love the memo to mommy! It is what I need also! I am glad I am not the only one who has felt a bit overwhelmed by #3. I may have to copy this from your blog and pot is on mine!