Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Grand Slam!

Usually it's the parents that get to brag on their kids, but I have to brag on my Dad a little. This summer he did what is called a Grand Slam, which is the 4 major Utah marathons, plus one extra one just for training? He has been telling us for a few years he is going to be done marathoning, he says he just getting to old. Last year he decided he would go out with a bang and do the triple trail challenge [three races]. He was for sure going to be done after that. Apparently that wasn't a big enough bang, this year he decided to do the Grand Slam. He took 3rd place overall in his age division! and ran the last race the fastest he has ran one in years [3:39]. Too old? sounds like your just getting started :) I just think he is so awesome, and such an inspiration to me. WAY TO GO DAD!!! I Love You!




3 comments:

Courtney McKay said...

I found your blog!! Wow that is amazing!! I wish I could do something like that, I am way too lazy!!

melissa said...

Wow! He must be in great shape and healthy!

Now can you make him help out his big bro in that category?!?!

Hayley said...

My links are still on my sidebar. Your browser is probablly to small to see them. I need to fix it I guess....