Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's my party and I'll CRY if I want to....

For Lincoln 2nd birthday we had all our family over for pizza and rootbeer floats, and the pictures below show just how much he enjoyed it...he cried pretty much the entire time, he didn't want to open his presents, he didn't want us to sing to him, he didn't want to blow out his candles. But by darn he was going to do it anyway, because I had spent the time and money to do it all, right? Pretty much the only thing he did enjoy for a minute was his Rootbeer float. In his defense he ended up getting a fever and a bad cold the next couple days and I think he was just not feeling very good.




By the next morning we were feeling a little better and ready to play with our fun new toys (he loved his new "matman" from Aunt Melissa)....


7 comments:

melissa said...

Dude Linc, how can cake not make you happy? It makes me happy.

I'm glad he liked his Matman and pjs! I am totally printing that picture and putting it up! He can be our little WB spokes-kid!

melissa said...

ok so not even 5 minutes after i left my comment about cake and seeing/wanting some of Linc's cake....someone down the halls brings by cupcakes! I might have been able to be resist if it wasn't for your blog. Thanks Ash! :)

Jared Heather and Taegen Pete Johnstun said...

I can't believe he is 2! He is sooo cute, and now believe it or not I want some cake too! And a rootbeer float!

Rich and Tyra said...

Your kids are seriously so dang cute! That is too bad he was crying for his party! What a sweet boy though. I love how he sings is little superman and matman songs.

julie said...

Ashley,
Hi Honey, I'm So thankful for technology that allows me to see my little grandson 2nd Birthday when I can't be there. I miss not being closer in SO many ways. Hopefully, someday soon we'll be up there living in the town I loved 33 years ago. Anyway, I'm sorry little Lincoln wasn't feeling better on his Birthday but I do have to say I think your blog was creative about his birthday. You're funny like Melissa, and of course your children are ADORABLE.I can't wait to come up over Spring Break, April 1-5. Are you getiing excited for the annual Easter Egg Hunt??? Well, Take Care and please give the kids HUGS and KISSES from me. I Love You,
Mom

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Hey! It's been fun catching up on your blog! You and your family are always doing the funnest things. I love all the pictures. I may have to copy you on Taya's party...toooo cute! Miss you guys!

jessica said...

Poor guy! Sucks to be sick :( Glad he's feeling better! Happy Birthday Lincoln! So what else did he get and like? I need ideas for Gunnar!