Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What the #@!*%#? Was that?

Last night we took the kids to eat at Firehouse, it had starting raining and hailing, but I guess inside the restaurant we couldn't tell how bad it really was. One of our neighbors called on the cell phone and said their basement was flooding, so we rushed home to help them, as we pulled up to our house this is what our yard looked like....
Seriously, isn't it June? Then we went to check our basement and this is what we found in Taya's room....
Holy Crap!!! I threw all the clothes in Taya's dirty clothes basket on the floor to keep some of the water from hitting the floor, grabbed her garbage can and some other buckets and sent the kids up stairs to get me some towels. Taya jumped right into action, she was a huge help. She would hold the buckets while I went to dump the full ones....
Jett on the other hand is our little worry-wart, he thought our house was going to wash away. So this is what he did the entire time....
Which made Lincoln do this.....
Oh My Crazy! It was a totally chaotic night and yet I apparently found it humorous enough to take a few pictures :) Really what are you going to do? Ya might as well have a chuckle about it!
I don't think Taya thought it was very funny she kept asking me why I was laughing (mostly I was laughing at Jett). I guess some of the nieghbors got it way worse than we did. The whole neighbor hood were out helping each other until almost midnight. Maybe I won't think it's very funny in couple days when Taya's room starts smelling! (oh, I hope not) We had to pull back a few feet of her carpet, and put a blower under it. That was a crazy storm and it literally lasted like only an hour, I can't imagine what it would have done had it lasted any longer! What A Night!

8 comments:

Eileen said...

Holy Cow! Your side of the neighborhood got it much worse than ours.

I love all your NY photos. I am so in the mood to travel!

inglag

Hanne and Fam said...

Ok, that's it, no more Wise Man Foolish Man for the Primary! That is funny that Jett thought the house would wash away but with those rivers of water who could blame him!

Janalee Hubbard said...

Wow, I am sorry you got water in your basement! Bailey is our worry wart and she always cries too when our basement gets any water in it. She's afraid we're going to have to move. I'm so glad you thought to get out the camera in your moment of panic, because those pics are great!

melissa said...

I love the picture of Linc. I love it when babies cry and they don't really know why they are crying. Although that night I bet you didn't love it.

I also love that you documented the whole thing. Taya is trying to save her room and mom is laughing and taking pictures! Love it!

So sorry it happened though!

bri said...

Oh my I am so sorry that does not look very fun. I am coming to Utah this month and would love to see you. I will be in Alpine from Sunday June 21-Wed June 24. Would any of those days work for you? It will be just the kids and I so we could get together during the day and do something. We can see if any of those days work for Amanda too. Let me know. It would be so fun to get together. Sorry again about your basement.

Rich and Tyra said...

Holy crap! I thought it was bad here but we didn't get it as bad as you. I guess that is one good thing about not having a basement! Poor Jett! Isn't it funny the way kids think about things?

Horrocks Fam said...

I am so sorry about the water in your basement.... that is no fun! Cute pictures of the kids though. I love the one of Jett crying! I love the pictures you had taken on your kids recently, they turned out so cute. I wish I was in Logan still so I could use the same photographer!

I was good to see you at the family reunion. Hopefully I will see you again soon. Take care!

Mandi Moon said...

That is EXACTLY what our bedroom did downstairs! I was at work and came home to Alpine in our driveway at midnight. Good times!