Monday, March 16, 2009

This past week we lost my Uncle in an accident. My brothers and Sisters and I were very close to his kids (my cousins) we all grew up together and always hung out together, we were sometimes more like siblings than cousins. We were all able to go home for the funeral. I was able to stay the whole week because my kids were out of school, and spend some time with them. It was so hard to see my Aunt and cousins go through such a hard time. They are so strong and I don't think you can ever imagine what it would be like until you have been in their shoes. This week it really made me remember what REALLY matters. It always amazes me how in times like these through all the tears and heartache it seems you feel the Saviors love the most. He somehow reminds us how important family is and gives us opportunities to serve one another and love unconditionally. All this stupid stuff that we sometimes waste our time worrying about just really doesn't matter in the end! I love my family so much and I hope that I can remember never to take what we have for granted. My thoughts and prayers are with the Reynolds Family, I love you all so much!

5 comments:

jessica said...

Hey Ash...I'm so sorry for your loss. You're right about it making you realize what's really important. Thanks for the reminder. I have been meaning to email you, we need to go to lunch soon!

-Amy- said...

Hi Ash! Once again...I am so sorry for your loss. The Reynolds and your family are in our prayers! And your right, its does make you realize what is important! I am sad that I didnt get to see you this trip. Call me next time your in town. Love ya!

Binghams said...

Hey I just wanted to say Its so impressing to see such a close family. I absolutley love being around you guys. I am thankful for your example.

ps. your family is so stinkin cute. :)

Rich and Tyra said...

I am so sorry Ash. I have been going to call you all week but got busy. I should have made the time. I hope you are doing ok. I will give youa call this week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,
Hi Honey,it was good to have you home and get to spend some time with you and the kids. But as always it goes by way to fast and you were such a brave little thing to drive back home with those three little ones. Yes, you are so right when tradegy happens it makes us step back and take a hard look at what is truly important in this earth life and how we are spending our time and treating those around us, I for one know I could do much better. I am thankful for the love of our family and the closeness we share and Ashley I want to thank-you for being the kind,loving and thoughtful person you are to everyone around you. I Love You,
Mom