Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Lincoln & Mommy!!!

One year ago....


I can't believe on my birthday one year ago, I was coming home from the hospital with my new little guy. Lincoln was born two days before my Birthday. He was due on the 15th (my B-day was the 14th) and I begged my doctor to start me a couple days early so we wouldn't share the same birthday. It being Valentines Day and all is bad enough but to also have to share it with your mom, didn't want to do that to the poor boy! I was induced on the 11th, and found out in the hospital Abraham Lincolns birthday was the next day. We had planned on calling him Lincoln so everyone kept telling me to hold out until midnight, so he could be born on Old Abe's B-day. Yeah right, say that to someone who has been laying on a bed in labor for hours, I was like are you kidding me, get him out now! Needless to say he liked the idea and decided to come posterior and get logged in my pelvis. Purplish-blue from lack of oxygen and two vacuums later ( because the doctor broke the first one pulling so hard to get him out!) he made his grand entrance February 12th at 3:14 a.m. on Pres. Lincolns B-bay! One things for sure Justin said: " it's either Abe or Lincoln". Happy 1st Birthday to my little monkey!

20 comments:

-Amy- said...

Awww. Happy Birthday to you two! He is a little doll!

melissa said...

Happy Birthday!

Eileen said...

What a cute story. Happy BD to both of you!

ofeati

jessica said...

Happy Birthday to you two! And fun to read the story of his birth...I hadn't known that! I didn't remember that you had a Valentine's bday either. Anyway what a little cutie!

Janalee Hubbard said...

I wondered which came first, the name, or the historic birthday. That's really cool.

The McClellan Clan said...

thats such a cute story. I love it!! He is so cute, and you look awesome!! Happy birthday to Lincoln!

Hayley said...

Happy B-day Ashley! And Lincoln too! You look beautiful in those pics.

Rich and Tyra said...

Oh cute pics!!! I can't believe it has already been a year...It went by way too fast! I still remember coming to see him when you got home and he was SO tiny and being so excited for my baby to get here and now he is 9 months old and yours is 1!!! CRAZY! It was fun to see you and Lindy at lunch today! I hope you have a great birthday!!!

houseofgirlsandjohn said...

Happy B-day...now that you mention it, I remeber that your B-Day was on Valentines. Those pictures are adorable.

Hanne and Fam said...

Happy Birthday you guys! I still can't believe that he is one already! So did you know yesterday that it was Abe's 200th birthday? So that makes him 199 years older than Lincoln.

Amy Jo said...

I can't believe he is 1!! How fun!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! I love those pics, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ashley;
I want to wish my beautiful daughter and friend a very Happy 30Birthday. You and Lincoln have such neat B-days...Lincoln being born on Abraham Lincoln's B-day, a man with such honorable charactics and intergity(just like your little guy will have)and you being born on Valentine's Day who is always thinking of others and who is and always has been a SWEETHEART to everyone she meets, I love you both so very much and hope that you both have wonderful happy birthdays. I Love you, Mom

Jillian said...

Hey Ash, I hope you have a great birthday, and I am sure you will, I wish we were up there to spend it with you guys, cause I am sure you will be doing something fun!! I can't believe my little buddy is already one years old... It really goes by fast, pretty soon I will be saying the same thing when Lexie turns one!! Have a fun day!!

Sid and Michelle said...

It is still crazy to me to think that he is one and you are 30!!! Time is going by so fast! I never saw those pictures. They are really cute!!

Jodi said...

Hey I hope that you had a good birthday. Big 30 huh!

bri said...

I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. That is a cool birth story. I love the pictures you look beautiful and your little guy is adorable. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Unknown said...

You look so pretty in those pics!!! Happy B-day to you both, he is such a cutie.

Jared Heather and Taegen Pete Johnstun said...

That last post was from me, I don't know why my name didn't show up but I didn't want you freaking out not knowing who's name that was.
Heather

Jas & Cam Fam said...

I love that you named him Lincoln for both reasons! It was so fun being able to be at your fun party for your b-day! I hope you post the pictures so that I can copy. I never have anything fun of myself. Your party was so much fun. Thanks for inviting me!