Thursday, February 5, 2009

Go U'ettes!!!

Last weekend we went down to Provo to watch my little sister Megan perform at state drill team. It's one of Taya and I's highlights of the year. I think the only one who might love it more than us is my Dad (no joke). When my youngest brother graduated a couple of years ago my Dad didn't know what he was going to do without anymore football and baseball games to attend. He very unenthusiastically decided he would have to start supporting the drill team, before long he became their biggest and loudest fan! One of the moms this year told him he deserved Dad of the year, she had never heard a Dad cheer so loud for the drill team. He even had to go out a day early to watch 4A & 5A perform, he wanted to scope out the competition for next year ( we move up to 4A)! Justin says he turning metro. I say what guy doesn't like watching cute girls dance around in skimpy little outfits :) Logan has always been our biggest competition and we had heard they had been working really hard this year to beat us. It's kinda weird to go and root against your home town but I say until my kids are in highschool, gotta be a UTE fan all the way!!! The girls ended up taking state!!! We took 1st in every division, they did so awesome! We had a blast! can't wait for next year. See ya in 4A Logan Hi-Lo's! :)


State Champs!!!

Taya and cousin Mylee watching the dances.

My sisters.

a big hug from the boyfriend.

Mom, Megan, Dad

8 comments:

-Amy- said...

I am so jelous that you got to go watch! I wanted to go so bad. I am going to try to make it to their review this year! I can't believe that your little sis is that old! She was a baby last I remember!haha

Guymon Family said...

Oh crap, now I feel totally guilty for stealing Justin away to work on our house. That was such a cute picture of your kids snuggling on his lap. I'll bet you are so glad this is finally coming to an end. Jake and Justin have done such an amazing job, I am just so thrilled with everything they did we didn't even know where to start. How would it be to have such a handy husband? I definitely will never know! Chris has his strengths, but that is NOT one of them. Oh well I actually would probably be pretty irritated if he were into that stuff. I actually really love to do those things myself, although I could never pull off such awesome trimwork as Justin does. I'm glad you got to come see his work, it's amazing! And we are pretty used to having people in and out, so no worries. I just can't wait to get everything put back together again! Things have been chaotic for so long. it just seems like they will never get back to normal again.

Jillian said...

I am so jealous... I really wanted to go! I guess next year!! Ya Beau really loved his present, and ya I did write it, it was so fun to see his reaction, he is not one to cry but let me tell you that really brought him to tears!! I guess you know how to get to a dad's heart... his daughter and football!!

Dave and Alisha said...

that was a fun weekend. I wish I was looking in our pictures.

melissa said...

yay for Meg!

houseofgirlsandjohn said...

That looks like a lot of fun and brings back memories of high school. It was fun while it lasted but I would never go back!!! I didn't know that the good ol'U'ettes were so good...I also didn't know they were going 4A.

Eileen said...

Being a mom of a great dancer....can I just say: I MISS that stuff so much! and a few more of these!!!!!!!!! Enjoy every moment, and either invite me or think of me during the moment.

shljt

bri said...

That looks like so much fun.