Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Top of Utah 1/2 Marathon

Last weekend Justin ran his first half marathon!!! I'm ALOT proud and a little disgusted, okay... or maybe just a little bit jealous, being that he hasn't ran for years and he and my brother decided 2 weeks before the race to run it (we all thought at first they were totally joking), they trained on the treadmill 4 or 5 times (seriously) and ran 13.1 miles in 2:03 without stopping once! Really? Who does that?!?! He must have got those genes from his Mom, who also ran in it and placed 1st in her division (GO! Cheryl!) My Dad and sister also ran it, and the rest of us would have love to do it (because we totally could have ;) but who would have stood at the finish line and cheered everyone on??? They all did so AWESOME!
Sid and Justin, look at them... they look like they could of gone another few miles!
Alisha 1:59

Dad 1:52

The moral support team... hey, at least we didn't have to get all sweaty or mess our hair up :) look on the the bright side, right?

Way to Go Dad!!!

7 comments:

Rich and Tyra said...

That is awesome! I have never had the desire to run in a marathon but I wish I did just so I could get in shape! Your hair looks super cute by the way! I will give you a call next time I am headed over to Logan so we can do lunch. We may have to do our hair sometime soon too...We have to get ready for Myley Cyrus! Saige is so excited!

melissa said...

You Merkleys need to stop making this Merkley feel so lazy!

Where is my running gene?

Janalee Hubbard said...

Wow. Don't tell Candace, it'll just make her sick that guys can do that in such good time with very little training. It's so not fair!

Hanne and Fam said...

That sounds like something Dirk would do too, just up and decide to run a race and hardly train then do awesome. So unfair! The pic of Justin crossing the finish line looks a lot like Jett!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

You have had the funnest summer ever! You guys are always up to something! You need to head up a girls vacat. & head down my way! In the mean time stop posting so many fun things!!

Candace said...

Wasn't that so fun. It was great to see you there. I really can't believe Justin ran that race on so little training. It took me 6 months to train for that race.
Go Justin he should really think about doing a full marathon now.

julie said...

Ashley,
I LOVED your post about the half-marathon saying the rest of us would of done it too, but who would cheer the runners. That has been my excuse for twenty some year now. All runners need a cheering,support group.
But seriously it will be our turn someday. WAY TO GO JUSTIN WE"RE SO PROUD OF YOU AND SIDNEY. Love, Momg