Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year for Thanksgiving we went to Vernal. It was great to see all the family, I hadn't been home since June, and if you know me you know that is a long time . I usually go to Vernal once a month or a least every other. So we had about 6 months worth of catching up, which included Thanksgiving dinner, Family pictures, two baby showers, one football game, a 2nd viewing of Twilight, and lots of gamin' all in one weekend. Not to mention Lincoln woke up crying through two of the nights ( Sorry family, FYI when we got home his top tooth had broke though, poor little guy.) Needless to say I came home exhausted, but it was worth every minute.
All the girl cousins!

Playing games (our favorite tradition) Notice the candles, there not just there for the ambiance. You can't tell because of the camera flash but the power went out our last night there for about an hour, being that it was already 1:00 in the morning you would think that we would have just called it night. Not us, it takes a lot more than a little power outage to stop us Merkleys from finishing a good ol' game of Phase Ten! The Turkey Bowl

6 comments:

Rich and Tyra said...

It looks like so much fun! You have a fun family!!!

melissa said...

linc is so cute and so happy! i am so glad i finally got to see him!

and i loved our poker night! it was so much fun.

Eileen said...

Let the Holiday LOVE begin. What would we do without family?

Jillian said...

I would love to have her by the time you get here, but I don't think she will come:( I am so done with being pregnant I just want her here so bad!! WE will see i guess... I am excited you are coming to the party... See ya sunday!

The Rigbys said...

Hi! I found your blog from Heidi's blog. You have such a cute family! This is such a great way to keep in contact.

bri said...

I am so glad you found my blog. It has been so fun to see your pictures, and catch up a little. Seeing your family takes me back. Except Alisha, Nathan, and Megan, aren't little kids anymore. I was reading through your posts and saw the one of you dad running the marathons. Wow that is amazing. I can remember him always training for the st. George one when we were little. Your family is darling. How old is you little girl. I love that you took her to the Carrie Underwood concert. I am excited for when Brynlee gets a little older so we can do stuff like that. Oh and Yes we are in Arizona. We have been here for about three and a half years. Well sorry this is so long, just wanted to say hi. Have a merry Christmas. Bri{Bertola}Weir